Two Holiday Recipes to Ease Party Tension
Are family or friends demanding to know immediately what you’re making for the big holiday get-together? Take your thinking cap off and go with one of the crowd pleasers below:
Don’t let the literal name fool you, this dish is a winner. Make it happen in five steps:
- Parboil a pound of baby carrots
- In a pan over a low flame, mix 1 medium chopped onion with 1 stick of butter and cook until onions are translucent
- Add a ½ pound Velveeta brick (yep!) to butter and onions and stir until melted
- Place carrots in oven safe dish, pour in cheese sauce and stir
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350
When complete, remove from the oven and inspect your work. If it looks like you melted down a traffic cone, you did everything right. Not good enough for your high culture gala? Get over your pretentious self and take a bite. Good stuff, right? Now move those gruyere tarts out of the way and set this dish down with pride.
Christmas Jello Mold
Ah, the fifties. Sock hops, soda fountains, and suspending everything from fruit to marshmallows in shimmering blocks of gelatin. Grab a Jello mold (millennials: you may find one rolling around in the back of your parent’s bakeware cupboard) and give your guests a taste of the old school:
- Dissolve 1 package of raspberry Jello in 1 cup boiling water. Add ½ bag of frozen raspberries and stir until thawed. Add 1 cup cold water and stir. Pour into mold coated with non-stick cooking spray. Chill until firm.
- Dissolve 1 package of lemon Jello in 1 cup boiling water. Beat in 8oz of softened cream cheese until smooth. Gently pour over firm raspberry Jello. Chill until firm.
- Dissolve 1 package of lime Jello in 1 cup boiling water. Drain a can of pineapple, reserving enough juice to equal ¾ cup (add water if needed). Stir pineapple and reserved juice into lime Jello. Gently pour over creamy layer. Refrigerate overnight.
Prepare to be popular when you unmold and put this out for dessert. The older generation will thank you for the trip down memory lane. The younger folks will think you’re vintage and cool. And, if you happen to be a single woman, potential suitors will be drawn to your hausfrau potential. There’s always room for Jello. Always.
There you have it. Two recipes that everyone is sure to love. Plus, they’re almost as easy as a United Home Loans mortgage. That’s right, you can get pre-approved and apply for a loan before your Jello sets. Contact us below or at call 708-531-9060 to get started.