Are VA Home Loans One-Size-Fits-All?
Since 1944 The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs have been making purchasing a home easier for our service members. With features like $0 down and no loan limit, there are more than a few reasons to consider a VA loan.
If one of the following describes you, then you may be eligible for a VA Home Loan:
- Served 90 consecutive days of active service during wartime
- Served 181 days of active service during peacetime
- Served more than six years of service in the National Guard or Reserves
- You are the spouse of a service member who died in the line of duty or as a result of a service-related injury.
You can obtain your Certificate of Eligibility from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website.
What Are the Benefits?
VA Home Loans are issued by a lender and guaranteed by the VA. This gives service members and their families the personalized service they deserve in working with a local lender, while gaining access to the VA loan program’s list of benefits. Here are a few:
- $0 down payment
- Lower interest rates. Check out today’s rate for a 30-year fixed VA Loan
- No PMI or monthly mortgage insurance
In addition to these great features, United Home Loans offers an extra special thank you to our service members by never charging an origination fee. (That’s $1,295 in savings!)
Are VA Loans One-Size-Fits-All?
Absolutely not. VA Home Loans come in all shapes and sizes. Why, you can even take out a VA Jumbo Loan. Here at UHL, we have six different VA Loan options available; including 30, 25 or 15-year fixed rate mortgages.
Get started on a VA Home Loan Pre-Approval today.