Are VA Home Loans One-Size-Fits-All?
Since 1944 The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs have been making purchasing a home easier for our service members. With features like $0 down and no loan limit, there are more than a few reasons to consider a VA loan.
If one of the following describes you, then you may be eligible for a VA Home Loan:
- Served 90 consecutive days of active service during wartime
- Served 181 days of active service during peacetime
- Served more than six years of service in the National Guard or Reserves
- You are the spouse of a service member who died in the line of duty or as a result of a service-related injury.
You can obtain your Certificate of Eligibility from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website.
What Are the Benefits?
VA Home Loans are issued by a lender and guaranteed by the VA. This gives service members and their families the personalized service they deserve in working with a local lender, while gaining access to the VA loan program’s list of benefits.
- $0 down payment
- Lower interest rates. Check out today’s rate for a 30-year fixed VA Loan
- No PMI or monthly mortgage insurance
- Less stringent credit requirements
In addition to these great features, United Home Loans offers an extra special thank you to our service members by never charging an origination fee. (That’s $1,295 in savings!)
Are VA Loans One-Size-Fits-All?
Absolutely not. VA Home Loans come in all shapes and sizes. Why, you can even take out a VA Jumbo Loan. Here at UHL, we have six different VA Loan options available; including 30, 25 or 15-year fixed rate mortgages.
Get started on a VA Home Loan Pre-Approval today.