Documents Needed for a Mortgage Loan in Greater Chicago

Items you'll need for your purchase.

Documents needed:

  • Income documentation (i.e. pay stubs) covering the last 30 days
  • Last 2 years of W-2s
  • Asset(s) statement(s) verifying funds for closing (checking, savings, 401K, etc.)
  • ALL pages MUST show your name and account number. (2 months for a Jumbo or FHA)
  • A copy of your mortgage statement (all properties)
  • A copy of your property tax bill (all properties)
  • A copy of your property insurance statement (all properties)
  • $395 application deposit

Other documents that might be needed:

  • Last 2 years of Federal tax returns, ALL SCHEDULES (if self-employed or receive any rental or commission income)
  • Last 2 years of business tax returns, ALL SCHEDULES
  • Name and phone number to your condo association
  • Copy of the note for your home equity line of credit
  • Copy of your settlement statement from your last transaction
  • Letter of explanation for all credit inquiries in the last 90 days and if any accounts have been added
  • Copy of divorce decree or child support agreement
  • Copy of your Trust document