Getting ready for your appraisal.
The appraiser will need approximately 30-45 minutes to complete the inspection, which includes:
Lock up any pets.
Write a list of every home improvement that has been made, the cost and the year it was done.
- Exterior photos of the front and rear of the home.
- A photo of the street in front of the property.
- Measurements of the exterior of the home, garage and any outbuildings.
- A walk-through inspection and photos of all rooms and levels of the interior of the home including the basement.
(If possible, please complete in an Excel spreadsheet.)
Provide a copy of the survey and house plans.
- Include new appliances, new roof, painting, flooring, heating, cooling, sprinklers, etc.
(Helps to verify measurements and lot size.)
Provide a list of recent sales of similar properties:
- Sales you feel may be pertinent and why (school district, reduced taxes discounts due to businesses such as malls, etc.).
- If your home is superior to other sales in the area, please explain how or why (i.e. custom home development).
- If you live in a "special" area (i.e. Lake rights, school district, etc.).
If you live in a condo or PUD (planned unit development), provide contact information for the management company/association director.